THE SEISER ALM HALF MARATHON IS A GREEN EVENT!
Green Event is an environmental label for events, organized and realized in a sustainable and ecologically sensitive way.
Based on a comprehensive criteria catalogue an event must comply with requirements in the following fields: Offers of an environmentally friendly journey, CO2 reduction, environmentally friendly procurement, material and waste management, social aspects and communication. The medial attention is focused on sustainable aspects.
It is the declared goal of Seiser Alm Marketing and the tourist offices of the Alpe di Siusi holiday area, to make events sustainable and consequently more valuable.
The most important measures are:
• The paper of the printed products is made of 100% recycled paper
• Promotion of climate-compatible travelling to and from the event venue and special offers for the use of public transport
• Waste Management: Avoidance, separation and recycling of waste
• Use of reusable dishes
• The catering offers seasonal und regional food
• Cooperation with local association and support of social or cultural initiatives
• Advanced energy policy to optimise energy consumption
Please help us to make the events as eco-friendly as possible and contribute to saving the environment!
For a environmentally friendly travel by bus or cable car.